- 1 pound steak
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ pound kale, center stems removed, and torn into palm-size shards
- Season steak generously with salt.
- Warm ghee in a large skillet. When starting to brown, add harissa and swirl to combine. Sear steak in the spiced butter 4-6 minutes each side– depending on thickness– for medium-rare. Poke your meat!
- Transfer the steak to a work surface or plate, and add garlic to the pan. When the garlic is beginning to brown around the edges, about 2-3 minutes, add the kale. Sauté until wilted, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt, and serve alongside the steak.