- ¾ cup olive oil, plus a splash for roasting
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 anchovy filets
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 bunch kale, thinly sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 apple, thinly sliced into half moons
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice ¼” off the top of the garlic head. Place in a foil square (or a small, lidded ovensafe dish) with a splash of olive oil and water. Roast until cloves are soft and sticky, about 1 hour. Let cool completely in the foil
- Pop the roasted and raw garlic cloves, mustard, vinegar, egg yolks, and anchovies in a blender jar. Blend until smooth, then with the motor running on low, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Adjust seasonings, if needed, with salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Combine kale with the dressing (you may not need all of it). Massage dressing into the greens until wilted, about a minute. Toss the sauerkraut and apple through.