- 2 Asian eggplants, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup ghee or olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 small slicer tomato, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- toasted black and white sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score the eggplant faces. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt, and roast until deeply brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt. In another bowl, toss the tomatoes with mint and season to taste.
- Top roasted eggplant boats with tomato-mint salsa. Drizzle yogurt over, and dot with cilantro sprigs and sesame seeds, if using.