- 1 pound daikon, peeled and cut to 1” dice
- ½ pound watermelon radishes, cut to 1” dice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 1 macintosh apple, cored
- 4 cayenne peppers, thinly sliced (or 1 tablespoon pepper flakes)
- Fish sauce
- Toss radishes with sugar and salt in a colander set over the sink. Allow to purge for 1 hour.
- Purée scallions, apple, and peppers in a blender. Transfer the radishes to a bowl, then toss with the scallion mixture to coat.
- Pack kimchi tightly into jars and allow to ferment at room temperature for at least 1 day. The kimchi will keep indefinitely in the fridge.