- 2 chicken legs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, unpeeled and halved
- 1 small head of garlic, unpeeled and halved lengthwise
- ½ pound root vegetables, well-scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 small handful oregano sprigs
- ghee or olive oil, as needed
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Pat chicken legs dry, and season with salt and pepper. Nestle into a baking dish or dutch oven that just fits the two legs snugly. Scatter shallots, garlic, whatever root vegetables you have, and oregano over top, and season with more salt and pepper. Pour enough ghee or olive oil to just cover the ingredients.
- Slow-roast until chicken is falling apart, and the vegetables are golden and melty, about 1 hour. Turn the broiler on to crisp the chicken skin, another 7-10 minutes, depending on the strength of your broiler. Squeeze lemon halves over, and serve.