- 3 beets, cut into wedges (greens can be chopped to 2” lengths if that’s more manageable for you!)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 large handful of arugula
- 2 tablespoons cultured butter
- 2 slices focaccia or sourdough, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss beets and greens with salt and ghee, and scatter into a large sheet pan with a splash of water. Roast until beets are tender, 20-25 minutes, adding water to the pan if the tops start to burn. Add bread to oven in the final minutes to warm through and lightly toast.
- Spread lower halves of focaccia with butter and top with beets and greens. Pile high with arugula before sandwiching.