- 4-5 tablespoons ghee or cultured butter
- 3 large radishes (such as daikon or watermelon), peeled and cut into 1” dice
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe stems, cut into ½”-thick coins
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- ½ cup cooked wheat berries, or buttered toast, for serving
- 1-2 eggs
- Melt 3 tablespoons ghee in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Allow the butter to melt, foam, then turn lightly golden.
- Add the radish and broccoli rabe to the browned butter, and sauté until well-browned on all sides, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wheat berries, if using, and toss until warmed through, another minute or so. Stir in the thyme, and transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Fry the egg(s) in the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of ghee, season with salt and pepper, and top the hash.