- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons white pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons white bread flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 apples, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Place your largest skillet in the oven, and preheat to 450. Leave to preheat while you prepare the batter.
- Whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoon syrup, and salt in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gently mix in flour until no large lumps remain.
- Carefully tip 2 tablespoons butter into the hot skillet, and swirl to coat the sides. Pour in the batter, and bake in the oven until puffy and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apples: warm 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. When the foam subsides, add 1 tablespoon maple syrup and the apples. Sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Spoon the apples into the crevices of the pancake; shower with a bit of crunchy salt, and serve with more syrup for drizzling.